A R C H I V E

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Outfitting the Urbans

We both shopped the online pages of Urban Outfitters and found one piece each that we would invest in. Here are our findings:

Everything in my wardrobe is versatile. By this, I mean that 99% of my closet is dedicated to the one color that does not exist in the color spectrum. Some may even argue that it is not a color. I say oh pish posh! If you can’t wear black, then you might as well not wear anything at all! Black can always be paired with black. And white can always be paired with white. I guess a splash of minimal color would be acceptable, but form the base of your wardrobe with the basics first: black and white. Everything else will fall into place after that.

[Silence & Noise Faux Leather Biker Jacket, $128]

One of the essential nutrients I lack in my fashion diet is a sturdy black leather jacket: a sleek masculine piece that can flip any outfit into a fashion statement. A statement that goes above and beyond, a classic look for an evening out, or an early Monday morning coffee run. I have a thrifted Saks Fifth Avenue sweater (black of course) that is just craving the company of this black leather jacket. At a decent price, this versatile hunk of love just might be my next big splurge. If I plan to live the next four years of my life out on the East coast, this jacket is a necessity. I can’t stress enough the importance of black. Thus, don’t be surprised if I throw a baby shower for this new addition to my fashion family.

Keela




I think I may be a 10 year old boy. Besides my extensive collection of actual boy clothing (from the children's section), I do have a few pieces that are only labeled "boy," I got a schoolboy blazer for Christmas. 


So this is what I choose.
BDG Schoolboy Blazer - Urban Outfitters

My other blazer is grey too. 
I always want to look better than I do. I wish I could dress fancy like Keela every day, but half the time I freeze to death and the other half I only freeze half to death. I want to be a blazer- a-day person.
But I can't.
And I know this about myself.
So I guess I will just have to keep this on my wish list until I move somewhere with a warmer climate. 
Or where the schools have functioning heaters.

Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment