A R C H I V E

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Gloden Golbes

Sunday night brought some amazing gowns and some not-so amazing. Nonetheless, Sandra Bullock's Bottega Venetta sheer violet dress caught my eye, as I loudly judged each dress that tromped down the red carpet...


This deep violet gown should have won a Golden Globe.
The exquisite layers of chiffon seem to defy gravity.
This subtle gown should be praised for its simplicity and sophisticated statement. It's a keeper.

Keela

I'm not really a fan of the floaty dress, the poofy dress or the overly draped dress. I prefer a sleek dress, such as Anna Paquin's golden gown, HA thats a play on golden globes. Clever blogging. 


If I were for some inconceivable reason invited to a red carpet event this is the direction in which I would go with my wardrobe. I am not a feminine dresser, I have not worn a skirt, except when necessary, for at least 3 years and I don't plan on doing so anytime soon. But at the same time I like to look nice once in a while. This dress is the showpiece in and of itself, there is no need for jewelry or flashy heels, it carries itself without a supporting cast of accessories (more clever blogging). 
And Anna Paquin looks good in it too.

Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment