A R C H I V E

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Dog or Diva?

Meet Lily:
A collie, a diva, & a whole lot of fur.


In the past 24 hours, I have walked her three times.
Last night, I was a block away from my house and a woman asked me for directions. I am directionally challenged, and it took me a good 10 minutes to explain how to get to her destination.

A couple stopped to pet Lily and told me a 20 minute story of how they just put down their collie, Chelsea, a couple weeks ago...as they both smoked cigarettes. Second-hand smoke?

As we arrived at Lake Harriet, an elderly drunk woman approached us and told me to introduce Lily to her grandchildren. She wanted to take pictures of us all, but she misplaced her camera. She swore up a storm.

This morning, I disposed of Lily's poop in the ally garbage of an unknown person. I made sure I picked a garbage bin that was hidden from any back windows of the house...to avoid an awkward confrontation from the house dwellers. To my surprise, there were 3 other baggies of doggie doo in the same garbage can;
I done well.

This afternoon, a neighbor girl asked to pet Lily and told me that Lily's sharp teeth were for biting ants. Word.

I love walking around the lakes,
specifically for the people watching.
I like seeing people once, and then walking past them again.
It's like seeing a familiar face.

Keela

No comments:

Post a Comment