A R C H I V E

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lugged Belongings

Luggage-
Something that is lugged; especially: suitcases for a traveler's belongings.

I adore vintage luggage sets. The idea of traveling to a far away place with matching luggage is so...marvelous!


It's hard to find decent vintage luggage these days, and the black rolling suitcase I currently own just doesn't cut it.
Thus, I went on an Ebay pursuit...much harder than it sounds.
BUT, I found THIS. My heart did several cartwheels.

I WANT THIS, BADLY.
I am currently "watching" it on Ebay,
and the bidding ends in 2 days and 3 hours.
But in the world of Ebay, things can go down the porcelain throne in the blink of an eyeball, so my hopes aren't too high.
That's a lie. They are, too high. Soaring far above the Earth's atmosphere right now, I can't seem to reign them in. This is bad.

So feel free to pray for me and this bag.
It would be much appreciated.

Keela




I have a weird thing for bags, I buy new ones far too often and really- I don't have all that much to carry. For instance, a couple of weeks ago I bought an old Boy Scout Haversack at an antique store, I had to.
But travel bags are a whole different thing, they need to be just right, and more often than not insanely expensive.






I want leather, soft sided- but structured, brown (or orange) luggage. A matching set, a bag like the last one up there is the most important piece . But again, what do I have to carry around, and where exactly am I planning on carrying it to? Whatever.

I have just come the the realization that all of Keela's posts are way long and wordy, which I knew before, and that mine are all short and kind of cynical. I prefer blogs with a 3:1 picture to word ratio, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Keela may be influencing my blogging habits. 

Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment