A R C H I V E

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Fashions Fade, Style is Eternal

"Fashions fade, style is eternal."
-Yves Saint Laurent


I have a definite aesthetic when it comes to clothes. 
I just looked at a crap ton of collections and these are all the ones that stood out,
notice the jackets, shirts and pants. Americana design is where it's at. Basically it is my goal to look like I just got back to the city from some beach in Maine where I play polo on my thoroughbred. 
(As a side note: I would at one point in my life like to work as a race horse christener, my first triple crown winner will have a four part doozy of a name.)

Burberry Prorsum 
Ralph Lauren
Tommy Hilfiger

I am going to start a magazine and call it Pant Suit. 
Every picture will be of a jacket and pants. 
Ties are strictly forbidden.

Lily


Coats are so important.
A good coat can make a bad day into a good one,
and a bad coat can make your day stink of dog poo.
The gold buttons, the extra ribbon, the hood...the superfluous details MATTER.

Just remember, next time you want to have a good day,
you might want to wear a Tommy Hilfiger magenta wool coat. Something amazing might happen to you.

Keela

No comments:

Post a Comment