A R C H I V E

Friday, October 22, 2010

VIP-II

The French photographer and artist Christian Chaize.

"The results of my slight obsession have evolved into two distinct series. Here are two images from Praia Piquinia, a body of work focusing on a singular, secluded beach front in which all of the pictures are taken from essentially the same elevated angle. The images are shot vertically, a departure from the traditional, horizontal format in landscape photography. It puts my subject matter in the form of a portrait - an ongoing record of this ethereal yet playful nook in nature over the minutes, the days, the years. Ultimately, I try to instill an element of time within these captured moments... visceral time, elastic from one image to another. And always, I seek to have new eyes."




SO COOL.
Keela


My VIP is Ira Glass. 
I love love love radio shows like This American Life and Ira is the king of that domain. 
The stuff you can learn from those shows is so cool.


There is so much out there to ponder, 
and Ira brings it all together. 


Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment