A R C H I V E

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Anti-Trend

Here are some current art and/or design trends we would rather didn't exist.

POSITIVITY. 
Every picture/poster/drawing/street art/etc. that I come upon these days has a giant feel good message splashed across it.

I either feel good or I don't,
I don't want you spreading me the love through your pansy art.
I don't need it.

This is an example:
It makes me cringe.

Maybe you can tell I am not in a good mood.
But I would much rather see and make art like this:


In fact, I did make this. 
A few hours ago.

Lily

I am not quite sure.
I hurl when I see gum sculptures and excessive kitsch creations.
I don't think those are "trends" right now, but I'd rather not have to look at them ever again.
Also, I am not a mystical unicorns surrounded by waterfalls, mist, and fairies type of person.
The lack of a visual example will save your eyes from burning and becoming dead matter on your face.

Instead, marvel at this classic piece by Titian, "Rape of Europa," 1562. I just finished analyzing this piece in my art history class. So fascinating.
Keela

No comments:

Post a Comment