A R C H I V E

Monday, September 20, 2010

Poetry

Our favorite poems just for you.

Fiercely, Lady, Do We Ride
Fiercely, lady, do we ride the winter landscape,
Thinking of spring, the green-capped wonder, thinking
of love in summer exposure, down and the red stacked romping.
Wind in her tower screams in our faces.
No harvest, only bare waste and the path destroyed!
But we tell that the wood is a known good
And that trees will open,
Reveal us a country, proud in tall bloom.
So we ride, in that dream where trees do not open
And nights repeat, and the nagging voices;
Ride and pay no attention; you, locked
In the thoughts
Of a budding season, and I, lost
In my knowledge that the wood will break, admit
Us forever to wander to winds
Knelling us farewell
Over a gravel country, featureless and cold.

-David Lougee (American, 20th century)

I read this poem 3 times in a row and was caught by surprise. I like this poem a LOT. I could read it aloud over  over again. The title is addicting to the tongue.

Keela


Okay, this isn't really my favorite poem.
I just like it.


This poem is called Gardener and it is written by Shel Silverstein. 


We gave you a chance
To water the plants.
We didn't mean that way-
Now zip up your pants.




Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment