A R C H I V E

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tattoo For You

I don't plan on ever getting a tattoo,
but I think Amanda Wachob's work is stunning.



When is a tattoo not just a tattoo, that is, when is it more than art for art's sake?
"Hahaha, sometimes I wonder why a tattoo can't just be a tattoo for Pete's sake! I don't think people have a problem explaining why they are getting tattooed and what their design means to them. If anything, people over-explain almost as if they have to justify the reason why they are altering their appearance. Why not get something just because you think it's beautiful, why not get tattooed just because you like the commitment of a permanent change?! To get something in and of itself, there is no pretension in this and no extraneous meaning."
(More of the interview: Needles and Sins)

Go get tatted up!
Keela

No comments:

Post a Comment