A R C H I V E

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Ode to 2010

We graduate today.

Clair de Lune by Debussy makes me want to cry.

Transitions are always a peculiar. I've never been good at them, and yet here we are at the brink of a new beginning. We are forging into an unknown, an unknown that we've been preparing for since kindergarten. So why is it still unknown to us? Shouldn't we have learned all the tricks of the trade? All the do's, all the don'ts, and everything inbetween?

A classmate of ours, Samantha Hastings, would be preparing to graduate with us tonight, but she passed away in a car accident the summer before high school.

How Many Years In a Lifetime?
By Samantha Hastings

Some walk the Earth 'till ninety
Some leave within a year.
Some stop before they're ready,
While the rest break down in tears.
Some die before they leave the world,
Engraved within our minds;
Sometimes the light's snuffed out in silence,
And nothing's left behind.
I guess you cannot count the time
A person's here to stay,
'Cause Love can last a million years
And never fade away.

It's been real. It's been good. It's been real good.
Congratulations class of 2010! I am so proud.
Keela
 

High school has been a strange time. You go in a kid and you come out an adult. Looking back at this time I wish I would have done more, seen more, met more people, had more fun and what I most hope for for the rest of my life is that I can apply that desire to my real life, and live better.
I was, and now it isn't, isn't that the way it goes.

So to the class of 2010 I say cheers and good luck. Let's not forget each other and the time we spent together.

I hope I do okay in the future, thinking about it makes me want to cry.

Lily

No comments:

Post a Comment